Saturday 3 September 2011

Flight of the Butterfly


Like a colourful butterfly that dropped from the sky,
You float into my life with a dazzling effect.
Instincts told me to capture you instantly,
Soon you were hovering around in my net.

Strange, new emotions then fill up my world,
Unable to grasp why you would chose me.
Doubt fills my mind, the dark haze appears,
All energies focus on keeping you happy.

Second guesses as my brain stresses,
Turning comfortable silence awkward.
Stuck inside my mind, obsession creeps in,
Trapped in the depths unable to move forward.

And yet you are such a beautiful, wondrous girl,
I don’t want to lead you down a path of despair.
Self-loathing because loving you doesn't come naturally,
You don’t understand how much I care.


The colourful butterfly escapes from its cage,
Fluttering away before I can savour your touch.
Tears fill my eyes as you fly from my life,
The best way to lose something is to want it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment