Tuesday 30 August 2011

Countdown to Love


10 Seconds it took me to pluck up the courage,
To walk over and tell you how I couldn’t envisage,
A more beautiful face than yours in my eyes.
You convince no one that these claims are lies.

9 Days as friends, sharing our stories,
As we recite days of our former glories.
But within moments I had already asked myself how,
I had existed without your presence til now.
Months as lovers, exploring our passion,
I never expected to live life in this fashion.
Hopelessly devoted to the girl of my dreams,
The shining beacon of amour still gleams.

Walks along the riverside to our special spot,
Holding you closely with my heart feeling hot.
A sunset so sensual that our souls seem to melt,
These moments more peaceful than I’d ever felt.
6 Arguments forced to encounter, most of them petty,
Threatening to end what had seemed so right to me.
But somehow we survived, love conquered all,
This wouldn’t feel real without the occasional fall.
5 Radiant red roses on St Valentines Day,
Expressing my delight in every possible way.
Something I do shamelessly every day like I should,
The first person who made me feel like I could.
Weeks later, and we’re handed the key,
A new house, a new chapter awaits you and me,
Then, in our small, sweet garden, we just stop and lie,
Talking sweet nothings as we stare at the sky.

Words that started the speech I prepared,
“I love you” the simple message I shared.
The happiest day in my short adult life,
This wonderful creature would be my wife.
2 Wedding rings in a ceremony filled with joy,
The amazement that I was your favourite boy.
A few “I do’s” then the status was sealed,
No overwhelming emotion left concealed.
Future ahead of us with so much potential,
With a burning attraction, a force so essential.
Sometimes I wonder if it was a gift from above,
The beauty involved in the countdown to love.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this on your own? It's BEAUTIFUL!! You've got talent! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much :) I'm glad you like it :) x

    ReplyDelete